Abhayalakshmi is a young, passionate Odissi dancer who has dedicated her life for dance. With the blessings of Swami Shatanand Saraswati, founder of TFA, she had opportunities to perform on several occasions and interact with renowned artists like Shankar Kandasamy, Umesh Shetty, etc.
Abhayalakshmi is currently working as a teacher and senior performer at Sanjali Center for Odissi Dance, actively performing throughout India.
She has been fortunate enough to attend workshops of legendary Odissi dancers like Sujatha Mohapatra, Aruna Mohanty and interact with them on many occasions. Currently she is working towards her dream to spread the beautiful art form of Odissi to God’s Own Country, Kerala. Abhayalakshmi’s hard work and perseverance, with blessings of her Guru Sharmila Mukherjee has helped her evolve as a beautiful artist.
Some of her performances include:
• Yuva Kala Parva Organized by Navaneetham Cultural Trust, Indian Habitat Centre, Delhi.
• Karayogam Navaratri Celebrations, TDM Hall, Ernakulam,
• World Dance Day Celebration organized by Dance History Society and Department of Kannada and Culture, Bangalore, April 2013
• Sai Nritotsav, organized by Sai Internationl Arts, Bangalore, 2012.
• Ganesh Utsav
• Maha-Maya festival, U.S Krishna Rao Birth Centenary celebrations, Bangalore, 2013
• Nrita-Sangeetha Milana organized by Ananya Aroghyadhara, Bangalore, April 2013.
• Tarang- National Young Dancer’s Festival organized by U Rise Vedic Sangeeth Academy, Bangalore.
• Vishwa Vinayaka production as a part of Temple of Fine arts Intenational, 2004, Hyderabad.
• Dance India Taste India Festival.